The student will follow tutorials about Adobe Character Animator. This the application software lets you animate characters with your voice and a webcam.
Students will then create their own character and create a mini skit that illustrates the following:
- Creation of own character *you may create your own puppet from scratch or you can use a previously made puppet to start. However, the puppet must be edited, changed, re-mastered, etc… to be your work.*
- Use of visemes synced up with your voice recording.
- Use of the following rigging tools: Handle, Stick, Pin, Dragger, and Dangles
- Use of puppet behaviors to create facial expressions and movements: Eyebrows, Pupils, Blink, arms, legs, Walking,
- Use of physics to control gravity and create a more realistic cartoon.
- Use of Triggers to help bring character to life.
- Background scene or scenes
- Bumper music, sound effects, incidental music
Students will access Youtube and subscribe to Okay Samurai channel.
In the section titled Character Animator Beginner Lessons you will start with the first video and follow the tutorials.
At the end of EACH tutorial video, you will post to your blog a summary of the video and your progress on your own character.
The following Resources will be shared with your via Google Drive
-Blank Templates to create your own character from scratch
-pre-made mouths pack
-pre-made backgrounds via Adobe Character Animator resources
-Character Animator Audio pack for sound effects