The student will be introduced to some key fundamentals for working in the application. The fundamentals include:
- Creating, editing, and saving a New Document
- Drawing shapes using the shape tools (Rectangle, Ellipse, etc..)
- Editing shapes using the selection and direction selection tool
- Applying and editing color using’s Fill color tools, and swatches panel.
- Applying and editing stroke size and colors to an object
- Working within layers, isolating layers
- Working and editing Type font, size, and color
- Creating shapes using the Shape Builder tool
- Creating shapes using the Curvature tool
- Transforming objects using Selection tool, Direct selection tool, Eraser tool, and Shape Builder tool
- Working with symbols
- Creating and Editing Gradients
- Placing and transforming an image using image trace
- Applying, editing, and using the paint brush
- Applying alignments to artwork
- Working with stylizing effects like drop shadow.
Then the student will Export the logo as a .png file and post it to their blog with a 4-6 sentence summary detailing their learned outcomes.